Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chicago, Day 2

Okay...
In the interest of complete disclosure, I have been lying the ENTIRE trip.  I have been a day or two behind on my travelogues.  Okay, whew, now that I have that off of my chest, I feel no differently than before...Oh well.
Yesterday (the real yesterday) the kids and I spent most of the day in the hotel room.  We played Scrabble, a card game called "Loot," and watched "Horton Hears a Who."  Lou was at an IBNA conference all day.
When Lou's day ended, we went into Chicago on the Blue Line with the principal and assistant principal to get some dinner.  Our trip started at the Rosemont station on the blue line.  We needed to go to the "Loop."  This would have been a long trip, but our necessary detour for maintenance added a full 30 minutes.  SO it took 1 1/2 hours to get into the city!  GROSS!
However, it was worth it, because we went to Ed Debevic's and had a totally fun dinner.  If you have never been there (it used to be a chain), it is a place where the insults fly from the first moment you walk in.  It's great (the first thing the waitress did was call me a dork-pretty accurate).
We walked around for a while after dinner, and rode the train back home (two hours this direction!).
-Dave 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dave, what great adventures you are having. Thanks for blogging them for us to share!!

BTW: I am Sarah, of Linda's Sarah-baranouski college days!

Keep posting, I"ll keep spying. :)